Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Thank GOD its May

While Breanna is panicking about the coming of May, I am celebrating! May means that musical is over, Lent is well behind me, Micaela is healthy (so far, ear surgery on May 25th) and spring is here! Thank God!

Mandy, you should seriously start preparing yourself for the reality that Julia will one day also attend prom...we'll all start saving the tissues!

So, this past weekend my family and I went down to Edina to attend and provide music for the funeral of Sarah Eckhoff, she was married to my dear friend Brent (he read at my wedding). Sarah lost her battle with brain cancer on April 24th. It was all too surreal, we're supposed to reuniting a weddings, not funerals! I will never get the image of Brent standing as strong as can be and leading the processional at the funeral out of my mind. Its all a good reminder, we have life! We should be living it! Its also a good reminder of what kind of people we surround ourselves with, get involved with, Brent could have reacted so many ways in the past few years with all their struggles, he stayed right by her side, never flinching, never complaining...not for a moment.

So, as I told Breanna last night, I'm anxious to see you all at a joyful occasion...like a wedding! And then again on June 9th for the Festival...right? I never did hear any responses from you people about the Festival! Honestly...its not like I'm taking a random survey about your favorite cake! This is important...get your input in NOW!

Okay, I should really get to work, just having trouble being focused! See you all soon,

Elizabeth

No comments: