Thursday, May 03, 2007

Sometimes I can say no.....

and sometimes I can't. I write to you with very up-to-date news about my life. About a half hour ago I became the Spanish teacher at Northeast Middle School in Minneapolis. Yep, you read it right, I will be teaching spanish for the remainder of the school year (until June 12th). It's all a little surreal to me right now. I was asked by the principal this morning and told her that I would get back to her in the afternoon. It will be a difficult thing to walk into (I was in the classroom on Monday and the kids were atrocious), but I think it can also be really fun. The previous spanish teacher has been out since the end of March (rumor has it she's suffering from cancer) and will not return this year. In addition to spanish I will have one intermediate ELL classroom as well. But tomorrow I will jump in feet first hablando espanol. Estoy emocionado porque pienso hay muchas cosas divertidas hacer en espanol. Comoquiera, no vamos a hacer las pinatas. Deseo que podemos cocinar comida especial y aprender mucho. Saben que a mi me gusta espanol mucho y quiero hablar mucho. Pienso que la principal assistante estaba sopredo cuando le dije que no hablo espanol fluentemente. Pero, tambien pienso ella esta contenta porque ahora tienen una maestra de espanol para los estudiantes. (Do you want a translation? After all, I do need to practice. I am excited because I think there are many fun things to do in spanish. However, we are not going to make pinatas. I hope that we can cook special food and learn a lot. You know that I like spanish a lot and I want to talk a lot. I think that the assistant principal was suprised when I told her that I don't speak spanish fluently. But, I also think she is happy to have a spanish teacher for the students.)

About June 9th: Bring it on! We can't let the FFF Festival die out after one year? Where should we have it? Got to go for now...students are coming.

No comments: