Saturday, November 22, 2008

Waiting...



Okay, Sarah.  I will try to do my part before our time runs out here.  I agree, 17 more posts is possible.  Come on people! :)

We are still just WAITING here for a baby.  I am getting antsy.  This baby decided its fun to kick me in places that should NEVER be kicked, making me walk strangely suddenly in places like choir rehearsal and the grocery store.  This makes me feel great.  I have also had the fun experience of being "checked" at my last two doctors appointments, only to be told that there is nothing exciting happening.  This is very encouraging to a tired, waddling lady.  :)  This last week at school, I got observed, had my two subs "shadow" me, and had conferences.  This weekend, David has his recital and his parents are coming.  None of this causes stress at all!  I am a carefree mother with nothing to do. 

Okay, I'm done being sarcastic and crabby. :)  Julia actually is taking a nap today, which rarely happens, AND I finally got to watch 27 Dresses last night, so I am really doing fine.  I am excited for Thanksgiving!  My parents and sister are coming here and we are going to cook away!  Maybe I'll learn something.  Today I actually bought a turkey for the first time ever.  Then when I got home, I had to clean out the freezer and the fridge, both of which will house the massive thing in the next few days.  This was good for my soul except for the completely liquified cottage cheese that I found.  It actually smelled like diarrhea.  I'm not lying.  I nearly lost it.  How disgusting!!  But now I have a clean refrigerator full of room for a thawing turkey and other yummy things.  

My brother is spending the entire next week in Mexico for a friend's wedding.  He is going with a lot of his college pals.  He may need a new liver when he returns, but I think he'll have fun.  His "girlfriend?" Lydia is going to be there, so that will be nice for them.  She lives in Chicago, so they don't see each other much.  Lydia got to go to Grant Park the night Barack Obama won the election.  Wouldn't that have been a fun place to be?   That was such an exciting night!   Speaking of elections, my dad was one of the "watchers" for the DFL in Renville county when they did their Coleman/Franken recount this week.  He had fun, and there were only 2 challenged ballots, so it wasn't scary.  No fights broke out. :)  

Well, I don't know much else.  We'll let you know if any news pops up around here.  (or pops out I guess). :)   Have a great Thanksgiving!!!  

Love you all,
  Mandy

p.s.  Enjoy the Halloween pictures.  I know it was a while ago, but that's okay, right?

No comments: