Thursday, November 20, 2008

the last hoorah

Without fail, every semester at Concordia - all eight of them, my mom would always give me "the last hoorah" talk. I'd be bemoaning all of the work I had to complete before the end of the semester and wonder how I would get it all done in the midst of holidays and especially during this time of year with Christmas concert rehearsals and performances.

Well I'm giving us a 'last hoorah' speech ladies! I was looking at the number of posts during this calendar versus last year and we need at least another 17 to tie with last year. I think this is an achievable goal and encourage each of you to participate. Remember, even though you're busy, your friends want to hear about you in all capacities of your life.

Two random sidenotes:
1.) Have you ever wondered how many random people stumble across this on accident, just perusing through cyberspace?
2.) Tonight I made butternut squash for the first time in my life. As a child, I was forced to eat acorn squash and would gag every time thus making me believe I would never eat squash as an adult. For many reasons I decided to make a squash tonight and am pleased to report that I am mildly enjoying this fall vegetable that is filled with Vitamin A and is supposed to be good for you.

Take care and remember to push to the end of the year with our posts...it's the last hoorah!

No comments: