Thursday, November 13, 2008

popsicles aren't a traditional thanksgiving food???

Friends! I just finished chatting with our very-expecting-expanding Mandy and that inspired me to log on to the blog where I was laughed out loud (but didn't wake Micaela, whew!) at Scander's post. We are jetting up to GF for a quick visit with friends, church, Grandma Andrea and then we'll spend our whole week off here in the Cities. I have to work Sunday/Monday...but am excited because Micaeala is going to go to school 2 days that week and I will be FREE to do things like cut my hair, and put in some hours at church! Yipee!

Life has been filled with many lofty, life lessons lately (that alliteration is dedicated to Breanna)...here's what I know:

--Before the snow falls, one should be equipped with snow pants and boots so they can avoid 7am trips to Target, so the girl can play outside at school.
--When one has a question rolling inside one's head for 3 months and they finally bring it to the professor, they can expect to be pleasantly, yet powerfully blown away. (If you're curious-I asked how a person can be a servant to all and still care for themselves so they don't run around earth being abused and generally shit upon, the professor respond with helping me to clarify my neighbor's wants from my neighbors needs, we do not have to serve every want our neighbor has)
--God is good and faithful, in surprising and fantastic ways.
--Long phone conversations with good friends are good for the soul.
--Standing one's ground while one's toddler throws the world's LOUDEST temper-tantrum is hard, exhausting and totally necessary (it was over a stupid bag of crackers)
--The new job at the church could be a bit more challenging then I thought, but still good.
--The new job at the piano studio ROCKS!
--When one has to write an in-class essay in 9 hours, one should get their butts reading and to bed.

Good night!

~Elizabeth

No comments: