Friday, November 14, 2008

Oh Thanksgiving

I want what Michaela is having for Thanksgiving. I am not a fan of the traditional turkey, gravy, and mashed potatoes...BLAND. I want some spice in my life...and maybe some icy cold refreshments. I did tell Michaela I would share my popsicles with her when she came to my house, maybe she thinks that is where we are going to have Thanksgiving? I even have banana popsicles now, and they are delicious. YUM.

I am trying to get through my last class of the day, they are now reading The Outsiders, which I happen to think is just as violent as the book that was challenged. Oh well. My job while they are reading is to keep my eyes on them while my fingers are typing. Then, when they look up and realize that I am still watching them, they put their faces back down in their books. If I am being a lazy typer and try to watch my fingers, then I start hearing whispering, paper being shuffled to each other, and the occasional giggle. Each day some kid comments about my amazing typing skills. I feel cool. I also had a kid guess that my age was 20 today. That was sweet.

My random thoughts today are courtesy of my plans this weekend. I am very excited, because as soon as this class is over, I am heading to the cities. Laryssa and I are going to see Wicked tonight. YAY! She has had a rough week. She went home for the first extended period of time last weekend to watch the Walker musical, and she has now started to feel homesick. She is so cute though, she says, "I think if I wasn't ever homesick, I would be a bad person. It is good to miss things you love. But it is also good to experience new things." Oh what wisdom for a girl of her age.

That is where I will leave you. I always start to miss you all this time of year, thinking about Christmas concert rehearsals, the hustle and bustle around The Lighthouse, and sharing stories about our adventures. I am thankful for all of you!

Have a great weekend!
Love,
Breanna

No comments: