Saturday, December 09, 2006

Last night advent started




Those that believe in the Christian faith say the season of advent started last Sunday, but for me it started last night. Somewhere in my years at Concordia the Christmas concerts became my way preparing for Christmas. After attending last night's concert at Orchestra Hall (which was mostly good) I felt as though today I was allowed to turn on the Christmas music, get out the nativity, and put up the tree. It was fun today to listen to the Chipmunks Christmas CD and get out some of the decorations that have been around longer than I am old. While I no longer have an advent calendar that has a piece of chocolate behind it to eat everyday, I am still trying to be somewhat intentional about Christmas preparations.

SarahA

No comments: