Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Mid-year Festival

I feel like we're having a mid-year F'n Festival - I like the idea. I'm really looking forward to seeing all of you...it's sure to be a good time. Breanna and I were talking tonight and she asked me if she should bring anything. I think you should just bring yourselves, some sort of snack to share, and any special blankets and/or pillows you or your child needs in order to sleep. And call me selfish, but I have one request to make - can we not talk about pregnancy the whole weekend? Don't get me wrong, I want to hear about it, just not the whole weekend :)

Like Elizabeth, I can't believe it's the middle of the 5th week of classes. Unfortunately this means that I have to start thinking about the end of semester projects that will take more than a couple of weeks to accomplish. This week we had our internship applications due which seems really soon. There seems to be a step every month to go through until we are finally made aware of our placement in either March or April. Today I spoke with a pastor from the Phoenix area about his parish; they're looking for two interns there next year and their ministry sounded pretty appealing. Right now I'm hoping to go somewhere I will be able to put my Spanish to some use. The last couple of weekends I have attended some Spanish-speaking worship services which have been really good and last week I volunteered with an organization that makes Latino food and shares in conversation with whoever stops in. It's fun to meet some new people.

Can't wait to see all of you!!!!

No comments: