Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Can't wait for next weekend...

Hello friends, okay business first!
Friday night Mandy is here around dinner time, Lindsey and Shripers will be arriving around 9pm.
Saturday we have all day to play around, meet up with Breanna. In the evening Lindsey will be leaving to hang out with her cooler-PT friends (she can't access the blog, so I'm speaking for her...which is dangerous!)
Sunday more play time!

Lodging-I have space at my place and Angela Noel has offered her house for the weekend! So no hotels, that's just silly. She and her hubby are out of town and they live minutes away from Luther. Scanders knows more about this lovely place.

I'm in my 5th week of school-how can that be? The weeks are pretty intense, so time is flying by! I now have 2 jobs-thank God! I'll be leading a Contemporary worship service at Mt. Zion in south Minneapolis. I think this will be a great church home for us-it reminds me a lot of Peace Lutheran in Fargo (where I worked in college). I also am teaching piano on Monday nights at a music studio in St. Paul...great little place, nice people.

We also haven't had the best health luck here-nothing big just a flu bug, then a cold and my back has been given me lots of problems (I sound like a pregnant lady...hahaha). This morning I literally crawled into Micaela's room because standing was not an option-thats the second time thats happened this month. Any suggesstions anyone?

Otherwise, not much to report. I see my Dad at least once a week, which has been nice. We hang out with my high school buds Brentie and Justin-which is also been really fun to re-connect with them more. Still working on finding that niche at Luther-seeing Sarah everyday is the biggest highlight :)

I just had a great-aunt pass away, my bros and I are doing the music for the funeral tomorrow morning. She and my Grandma (they were sisters) lived next door to each other their whole lives (until my Grandma died), so my aunt was always around. She and my uncle were marriend for 59 years! Crazy! She was 79 and died peacefully while taking a nap...unfortunelty its another reminder that there are VERY few on either side of my family that have made it past 80...I don't actually know of any. I talked with my uncle tonight (who is also 79) and he just kept saying "life is short...life is short" and then he said "isn't my wife beautiful?"

On that note, I should be studying for my Hebrew test, writing a paper and preparing my music for tomorrow...but writing to you all sounded like much more fun. Much love to you all...aren't my friends beautiful!

~elizabeth

No comments: