Monday, September 11, 2006

My first post!

Hi, everyone! I really hope I'm doing this right -- I'm not very technilogically (did I spell that correctly, teachers?) advanced.

I've had so much fun reading all the previous posts and seeing the great pictures! Thank you so much for inviting me to join! This is a really great idea, and a great way to keep in touch with everyone!

I guess I can fill you all in on what I'm up to right now. I'm currently in Detroit Lakes, MN, doing my first clinical affiliation. I'm working at the hospital here. I've been here since August 15 and will be here until October 13. I'm really enjoying my experience. I'm mostly doing acute care in the hospital, which means I'm seeing a lot of total joint replacements right after surgery, as well as some medically complicated patients who are in the hospital for various reasons (pneumonia, heart attack, etc) and just helping them to get out of bed and back on their feet so they can go back to their homes as soon as possible. Because it's a small rural hospital, I get to see a little bit of everything. I have some of my own outpatient orthopedic patients as well, but my favorite part has been the pediatric patients I have been working with. I really love peds, and I'm pretty sure that is the area I would like to practice in when I finally graduate (June 2007 -- 9 months!). When I'm done here, I'll be back in the cities for the remainder of my affiliations.

I'm excited to keep in touch with you all through this medium! I hope everyone is doing well, and I hope to see you all soon!
Love, Lindsey

No comments: