Saturday, September 09, 2006

Fall is fabulous!

The last couple of evenings have been wonderful. I know that often people are leary of the weather cooling because inevitably what follows is sleet, ice, wind chills, cold cars, and foggy eyeglasses. However, last night I rather enjoyed having the window open, a cool breeze blowing across my face and blankets covering me with warmth. Today, I visited historic Fort Snelling where they replicate what the fort would have been like in 1827, and they had many wood fires in the buildings. It was nice to feel the warmth and smell the wood burning. I think fall is great. Does anyone remember when we spent a nice fall day at the state park outside of Moorhead with our homework, blankets, and frisbee and had lots of fun being outdoors? That, too, was a nice time.

I'm not sure I told anyone this yet, but a couple of weeks ago my mom had a hemmorage in her right eye. We spent several hours seeing many different doctors before she had laser treatment on her eye. 1100 laser beams were shot into her eye! I even got to see all the blood that has collected in her eye. It is a serious condition and one that is scary. She still sees through the blood in that eye (red/orange coloring) and she will have blurred vision for a few months. Thus, this makes many everyday tasks challenging for her: reading, grading papers, driving at night, etc. Please keep her in your prayers.

Ta-ta for now!
Sarah A.

No comments: