Wednesday, March 25, 2009

stupid red river...



Hello bloggers! Well, I'm frequently checking the EGF newspaper site and the river levels...all I need is incredibly sore muscles and I feel like its 1997 (or 2001) all over again! I can't help but worry about my Dad's house and my beautiful piano that is sitting in it. 1997 flood took the grand piano (Steinway 1924) that my mom left me, and my dad replaced it with the piano that is in his house now. It would be tragic to have that damn river destroy 2 pianos. We'll see! The Grand cities are in much better shape than our beloved F-M area...but this blizzard is not helping things!

On a positive note--MICAELA IS POTTY TRAINING! It started Sunday night with great success, yesterday and today she's been accident free!!!! She was a little late blooming on this development and I started to think it would never happen! But, our recent trip up north and a few too many leaky diapers made us both ready to really commit to it. And I'm glad I didn't push it (too much!) before because its really been no big deal. She even said tonight, "I'm going to go by myself and close the door...because its a private thing" she may have heard that from me :) Micaela also got a hair cut tonight (see picture)

2 other pieces of news--1) April 8th I will become a Damico again! Assuming the judge is nice and grants this...so remember us in your prayers that day! 2) I've decided to attempt to add the Master of Sacred Music onto my studies here! I've been thinking about it all year, and there is a window of opportunity so I'm going to jump through it. I still have to audition and they could turn me down...so its no for sure thing, but it makes me pretty damn excited about next year. Just in case you're wondering-it means being on Luther's campus for the next 2 years, and then I would go to internship.

I'm so thrilled about the newest addition to our clan...however, its not my news to share, so I won't, but I can't not mention it because I'm REALLY EXCITED :)

Ok-I have a 10 minute oral report to prepare for...which is due in 13 hours, which I haven't started. I'm such a good student! Hugs to you all! :)

No comments: