Saturday, March 14, 2009

beward the ides of March...

Who can name the source of that quote? (Breanna should probably be disqualified from this question). Mid-March--how did THAT happen? We're doing well here, just sticking to the routine and surviving the semester is the goal...so far, so good. I'm heading to Grand Forks next weekend to preach at Calvary, I'm excited to get away and to see my friends up there. We'll also spend a night w/ Daniel and gang in Fargo--I haven't seen Isaiah since December! So, I'll be sure to posts new pics of the kiddos. Micaela is excited because she says "I won't be sad anymore if we go to Isaiah's house and then I won't dream" apparently Isaiah has been in Micaela's dreams a lot. Micaela is also experimenting with funny sayings, these 2 are just from this morning

#1:(as I help her down from a snow bank): Thanks for saving my life Mom. You really saved my life.
#2: (I took her hand as we crossed an icy patch): I really appreciate that Mom, since I've been slipping on the ice all day. I really appreciate that.

Here is something you can all be jealous about! Miss Lindsey is flying into the Twin Cities tonight, so I get to pick her up and then we'll come home to Micaela and Scanders! :) I love a good mini-festival whenever we can make one happen.

So today I was able to share with my Dad about CSAs--Community Supported Agriculture. You probably all know all about this, but I heard about it for the first time while in Mexico. Its a great way to get seasonal produce from LOCAL farmers and support your community. You then also take yourself out of the business for shipping produce all around the world for a lot of $$ and supporting mega-producers that treat employees and the LAND poorly. Here is a great website to check out for more info--no, its not cheap, but everyone I know that is a part of one HIGHLY recommends it, apparently the quality of the produce is hard to compare with what we get at the grocery store. www.localharvest.org

Ok, I'm trying to fight off a little sore throat...so I'm going to crash before the girl wakes up. Breanna-I hope you go into labor soon! :) Hang in there! Eat spicy food and have lots of sex...it didn't actually make Micaela come any sooner, but makes the time go by faster :)

No comments: