Sunday, April 13, 2008

Can you identify?

I'm not asking you to identify what the frozen contents of this Ziploc bag are, but I would like to ask the question. A few days ago I thought it would be a good idea to thaw something from the freezer for a few meals this week. Among the ice cubes and frozen vegetables I saw a cool whip container. Knowing it wasn't cool whip, I wondered what it could be. It was eventually identified as soup but I didn't know where I got it. Then tonight I was assessing what else could be thawed from my freezer, and noticed a ziploc bag (picture above is not actual evidence, but remarkably close to what I saw). What's in this bag that has tinfoil surrounding it? Upon further inspection, I realized it was frozen ham from Easter. Do you ever find yourself unable to identify freezer items? Perhaps you're doing the logical thing, which my mom taught me to do, and you label everything and put a date on it so that even when there is nothing but freezer burn you know that it was pig's feet at some point.

No comments: