Sunday, April 29, 2007

I don't like using air-conditioning in April

Of course I don't want to complain about the lovely weather that is taking place. However, I don't like having to use my air-conditioning in the car when it's technically not summer. Yes I know, the obvious thing would be to roll the windows down. However, this was not an option when I was wearing fancy-dancy clothes driving 75 mph Friday on Interstate 94 from Minneapolis to Moorhead. It doesn't look too impressive when you show up for an interview with extremely wind-blown hair and a gritty looking face. I visited the wonderful city of Moorhead this past Friday for a few brief hours to complete the last step in my entrance for the seminary. I met with my candidacy committee (4 white, middle-aged professionals) who told me to fill in the blanks from all the information they had on paper. The interview was about 1.5 hours and at the end they sent me out to talk about the decision. When I was called back in they told me they were recommending for admission at Luther. So, I'm all set. Yesterday I started packing my bags. Okay, not really, but it's exciting. It's a good place to be in right now.

No comments: