Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bring in the new year!











Good-bye 2008, its been quite the year! I've been thinking back on 2008 all day and what I dream about for 2009...honestly, for the first time in a long time, I would like the coming year to resemble the year we're leaving! Here is my highlight list...

1)We had the big adventure of coming to Seminary, which has been a very insightful-God led-exhausting-inspiring adventure and I'd like to stay on it for awhile.

2)Micaela has been mostly healthy, except for the recent behavioral-pattern of arguing with EVERYTHING I say...that must be a virus, hope she gets over it quickly.

3)I've had lots of mini-adventures with my rock-star friends (camping, road-trips, train-trips, theatre, church music)

4) gained a really fantastic sister-in-law

5) Have 2 jobs that I really enjoy, one of which has brought us a new and loving church community and the other brings the funniest damn group of people I've ever (that's the music studio)

6) Through some very significant conversations and experiences at the seminary I've learned A LOT about myself and how to process my past experiences and hopefully stay on a healthy path for myself and my daughter

I don't really like just doing high-lights, because I don't think that's very sincere...so,

1) Lost 2 great-aunts who left quite the legacy of loving thier families
2) Lost an infant niece, Abigail, born too soon
3) Still have days when single-mother hood and the lonliness that comes with it is enough to make me want to jump out the window (don't worry, I live on the ground floor)

2009 is starting off with a grand adventure to mexico city! I leave Friday and will gone for 14 days. Right now I feel really nervous about leaving Micaela and not really sure what to expect once I'm in Mexico, but I know once I'm on the plane, I'll be excited. I'm praying for more self-discovery, another year of good health of all my loved ones, many many many more adventures and opportunities to see all of you! Much love and peace to us all in 2009!

No comments: