Monday, September 03, 2007

More cleaning, more findings

I write to you from my new place of residence for this upcoming academic year. I successfully procrasinated and orientation starts tomorrow, and I'm not completely moved in yet. But, luckily for me, my former landlord is understanding.
My room is spacious and I have a bay window which directly faces the president's house. There are several big trees that shade my room when sun beats in. Hopefully soon I will take pictures and post them for you to see.
What I really wanted to share was a poem written on September 17, 2002 by someone who lived in the Lighthouse that year. I found it when I was going through old boxes of Concordia stuff. It is written in my handwriting, but I'm not sure if I can take full accountability for the well-versed poem, or if others assisted as well. Enjoy!
Ode to the Lighthouse
The Lighthouse is a place where six females live,
And have hearts always willing to give. (except Mandy)
There are always many jokes flying around,
Especially when prairie dogs are found. (in Breanna’s room!)
The Lighthouse is a busy place,
And filled with lots of girlie things like lace. (especially in Sarah’s room)
Many holiday such as “talk like a pirrrate for a day” are celebrated,
And many men dated are top rated. (right Edam?)
The women at the house are buff and fit,
They could beat any sort of Viking hit. (especially Jesse)
The brains at the place are to be desired,
In fact we could get any Concordia prof fired! (especially Lerohl)
So there you have it, the great gals from 1101,
Always willing to have fun!
I hope everyone is doing well. I'm especially curious to hear about those first days of school for Mandy and Breanna. Take care!

No comments: