Saturday, November 11, 2006

The tale of an introvert working in retail

So maybe it's a tale, but as I was driving home at 11:15 tonight I was reflecting on my day. This afternoon as I pulled into the World Market parking lot, it was packed. Right away I was not excited to go through the doors and put on a smile and pretend I was interested in helping customers. I was not in the mood for contact with people. I simply wanted to get my work done and not have anyone interrupt me. Luckily, I was able to slip toward the back of the store and start a mind-numbing task of sorting and organizing Torani syrups. I did this will little interruptions and could simply think. After a few hours I felt as though I had had enough time to myself and wasn't annoyed when customers asked me questions. A definite qualification for my next job is some time to work by myself.

Elizabeth R.- I enjoyed reading about your conversation with the radio although it sounded like a frustrating one. I know the Pacific NW is quite liberal, but so are some place in the Midwest, and you can shake some things up in the Red River Valley.

What are people doing for Thanksgiving? Let's hear from a few of you that have been dormant from posting on the blog lately? Good night!
SarahA

No comments: