Thursday, November 09, 2006

Frickin' winter blahs...

That's how I feel...its windy and cold and I can't remember why I live in a place where my limbs are already so chaped I may start molting at anytime. Yesterday....talk about a policital hangover, thats what it felt like all day yesterday. I was listening to a Christian radio morning show and the overall message was "Why aren't Christians voting?" Asserting that Christians must not be voting because the Democrats are taking majority. I called in...the radio guy would only talk about abortion and gay rights, I guess we have to leave "love thy neighbor" to the pagens. Then, as I sat at home having breakfast with Micaela I listened to two other callers basically say I wasn't putting my "Christianity" to work because "Scripture doesn't allow compromise."

So, I find myself resisting the urge to jump on a plane and go back to the good 'ole progressive Northwest. Also, I get tired to being a house-bound grandma. Micaela goes to bed around 7:30pm, so no matter what I'm doing, it has to be done by 7pm. Or I have to get a babysitter. Neither make for great options.

Wow, sorry I'm so negative! On the upside, we're headed to Washington on Wednesday to visit some people and deal with the last of my stuff that's been sitting out there. Work is great, no major complaints. And the whole family will be together this weekend b/c Matthew is doing a concert at a Coffee house in Grand Forks.

So, I hope we can see each other soon..I miss you all a lot. I just heard from Rapp that she will be around mid-December. Perhaps we'll have to plan something!

Love to you all
e

No comments: