Thursday, March 06, 2008

Chicken BBQ

Hello Amanda and all the ladies,

Here is the BBQ Chicken recipe from the F'n festival 2007! I'm almost certain I found it online and probably used a converter to get the recipe for a large group, because these are huge amounts! So, use your judgment if you're not serving this for many, many people. :)

6 chicken breasts
4 1/2 c. ketchup
9 TBL brown sugar
3 TBL Worcestershire sauce
3 TBL soy sauce
3 TBL cider vinegar
3 tsp hot pepper flakes
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder

mix all ingredients in crock pot, add chicken last. cook on high 3-4 hours, then shred/cut chicken (I remember mandy and I thinking shredding the chicken would have been easier doing before it got all messy in the sauce, or you could just serve whole breasts)

And in response to Amanda's email-I think the camping sounds lovely! I did a camping trip with some friends over Labor Day and with some online sign-ups it was easy and no one had to bring a lot of stuff/food. I don't think location will be a problem for us either.

I brought Micaela into Urgent Care (after a VERY long day at church) because she has pink eye and a nasty viral cough and runny nose...gross! So, we're having a slow morning so I can decide about taking her to day care or not. Mandy-I told Micaela that Julia is using the potty and somehow she thinks I said we are going to Julia's house...we've had a few temper tantrums about that! :) I told her we'll see Julia when Lindsey's baby comes...hurry up baby laux! Scanders-my emotions are frustrated...Lent cannot be over soon enough for me, just a lot of miscommunication and mistakes (mostly, mine)! I actually really like Holy Week and then I feel like I can finally breathe come Easter. 2 more weeks....

No comments: