Sunday, February 10, 2008

Changes

Hello all! I know I haven't written in a very long while - but, here I am now! Life in Erhard is very exciting these days! First to update you on the offspring - Ella is in preschool this year and is loving it. Her teacher refers to her as "the little mother" - apparently, she's quite a caregiver to her classmates. She's four and acts fourteen - saying things like "it's like totally your turn dad" when playing Sorry with her dad. And oh - "whoa baby - way to go dad!" Also, while playing games with dad. She's a great help around the house - she's begs to wash the dishes all by herself. Don't be too jealous - I don't have a dishwasher, so she's the closest thing I have to relief in the kitchen! :) Oh, Marie - there's something about Marie. That kid is the funniest bunny in bunny town! She talks up a storm, but at the same time she has this real quiet goofiness to her - she's mischief all right! When the house gets quiet, mommy PANICS. Seriously. And baby Grace is growing up too quickly! She's rolling and getting her first tooth as we speak.
Now - on to ma and pa. Kevin drove 22 hours in a truck with three buddies to Texas to hunt wild boar. Yikes. He was gone for 10 days and had a WONDERFUL trip! Many a stories came home with him - however, no pig. On the other hand - my husband is currently locating a very special taxidermist. One who could mount an ARMADILLO. Yes - I am the proud owner of a Texas Armadillo! And some people think we're just a bunch of rednecks here east of Erhard!
And as for me - I have some major changes taking place in my life. Last Monday - I received a phone call informing me that a bank in Pelican was interested in interviewing me for a position as a personal banker. At first I sort of laughed, because I have it pretty good right now home with the kids and teaching lessons. But - after much MUCH deliberation, I decided to interview for it and they offered me the job. After much MUCH more deliberation, I accepted it! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So - long story short, I'm going to be done teaching lessons at the end of this month and start at the bank on Scanders birthday. I don't know 100% that I'm ready for this, but it's too good of an opportunity not to at least give it a try. I'm ready to stake a claim as a woman and not JUST a mom - being a mom is the most important thing in my life - but to able to separate myself from that and the puke that I have running down my back 10 out of every 12 hours each day is something that I'm ready for. So - this is an adventure that I'm very excited about! Big changes here!
My other big change is my adventure to capture health! I have discovered a workout video that I absolutely love and has got me walking my butt off! It's Leslie Sansone - walk away the pounds! I have to say, it has worked wonders, and it's really fun! I've walked about 200 miles in my home since Grace was born! It's helped me to lose all the baby weight, but even more importantly, I know I'm doing something for my health! I have so much energy and I feel so good! I encourage you to try it! The best part - Ella does it with me - so she's learning the importance of exercise! She has fun doing it - and likes to think she's better than me at marching in place! It's great!
Anyway - I need to get my butt off to bed! I hope all is well with everyone - it's fun to check this blog out from time to time and see what everyones up to! We are looking forward to the F'n Festival too! I know I'm still fairly new to this whole thing - but I have one thought to share! What about a seriuos campout? Like, hit a state park ( there's a great one right here! ) - we have a camper and we could teach the kids to pitch a tent! I'm talking - cook our meals outside with all the bugs and coon and roast marshmallows before bedtime! You probably are cringing at the thought, but if you're not - let me know! :)

No comments: