Saturday, July 29, 2006

shout out to the homegirls

Hey ladies,

I think we should all make fun of Mrs. Boerboom for not posting anything yet. I actually got to see Sarah a couple weeks ago when she made the trip up here...we shopped, talked, drank, talked, it was fantastic to talk and talk and talk...

I start working at Calvary Lutheran Church (in Grand Forks) mid-August and at Christus Rex (Lutheran Campus Ministry at UND) the last week of August! I'm very excited for this next chapter to begin...it truly seems to be right from the hand of God! i do have three more weeks of camp to endure (and we're outdoors this coming week!!!!!)

I've been meaning to share a life lesson that I have learned since moving back to Minnesota...so please forgive me for expounding for a bit...

As I've been reconnecting with amazing friends (such as each of you) it has been made so clear to me that friends of this magnitude and excellence are a rare find. In the midst of the darkness that covered my last two years I have forgotten how precious and truly perfect these friendships are, and I've forgotten to trust them. After the F-n festival Sarah, Sarah and I chatted over a few glasses of wine and we realized that we've all at some time been hesitant to be honest with our life situations due to fear or shame. This must stop! We can all conclude that life will hand us a good amount of shit on any given day~be it with our significant others, jobs, faith, family...ANYTHING~ and if we can't trust our dearest friends with that...who can we trust? and wouldn't it be easier to handle our stress and problems if we have a friend or two to share the burden?

So, my new life lesson is that I will be honest when one of you fantastic ladies asks the age old question "How's is going" I will honestly respond and know that nothing I say will cause judgement or the hurt a friendship...I will trust instead. whew.

SO much good news going around though....lots to celebrate!

Love you all!

No comments: