Monday, April 06, 2009

true story.


and now for another episode from "How the hell did I get here?"

Its 10:55am on Palm Sunday and I am doing the quick transfer of Micaela from Sunday School to the family she was going to sit with during worship. Micaela begins doing a sassy dance with her hips (which I proudly think is the start of her salsa career) when she yelps, "Mommy I have to go potty RIGHT NOW!" I pick her up, hussle in the bathroom and get her on the toilet in an impressive 38 seconds. I squat down in front of her to help hold her up and she sends her stream straight out at me! Now, the front of my denim skirt is covered in toddler pee! I yell, "Micaela!" nearly drop her in the toilet while trying to get out of the way and all while scare my poor, sensitive child. Then she chuckles quietly, "I peed on you."

I now have 3 minutes before church starts (we've sacrificed the prelude at this point) and begin the fun work of trying to get the stink out of my skirt and try to not look I just peed myself before walking across the front of the sanctuary to the piano. Luckily the wash of my skirt hid the wet pretty well, but not totally. Nobody said anything...they are all so nice.

No comments: