Monday, April 20, 2009

Catching up...

Wow, when you only go on-line like, once every 3 weeks, you miss a lot. I loved reading all the posts (Elizabeth, I know that only you are sophisticated and dignified enough to pull off the "toddler pee on the skirt" look). And, congratulations, Breanna! You have an extremely beautiful little girl! I hope you're enjoying motherhood! It's a wonderful, crazy adventure.

Things are very busy for us here. Addyson is keeping us busy and keeping us laughing. She's just starting to walk, so I've been doing some extra baby-proofing. Baby number 2 is also keeping me on my toes already. I was on a couple of days of bed-rest last week because of some pre-mature contractions, but after a couple of days of rest everything returned to normal.

My family is thankful the flooding in Fargo is under control. My dad was at work for 48 hours at a time during the height of the flood fight. He oversaw quite a few of the dike building projects. Ryan also spent a lot of time sandbagging; his work closed for the week so all employees could sandbag and he spent every day in Fargo or Moorhead for 9-10 hour shifts. The hospital and nursing home I work at took in evacuees from Eventide and MeritCare, so we were very busy as well. Finally, my whole family worked very hard to save my Uncle Jim's home; he lives on highway 75 south of Moorhead, and had water right up to the top of his sandbag dike, which was built to 42 feet. Things went well, though, and he only ended up with a little bit of water in his basement.

Well, I'm off to bed. We've been sleeping an average of 2 hours a night at our house for the past week, because Addy is getting 4 molars at one time. So, I'm going to take advantage of the quiet time while I can. Take care, everyone!

No comments: